This is an extension of the type of coursework covered at GCSE but in this case you design the brief to be answered and research, trial and develop solutions considering how your products meet the desired needs. The following is a list of possible coursework tasks although any area of interest can be studied:
- Vegetarian Christmas lunch at a local restaurant
- Foods children can help to prepare
- Balanced foods on a budget for students
- Children's birthday products using natural colours and flavours
- School meals reflecting Jamie Oliver's advice
- Duke of Edinburgh expedition foods for vegetarians
- Soups reflecting a multicultural society
- Restaurant standard delivered meals, which clients can put finishing touches to, for dinner parties
- Breakfast foods for people on the move
Students find this is an interesting and worthwhile course as so many aspects have a huge relevance in a changing society. All of the key skills of communication, application of number, information technology and problem solving are integral parts of the course and will help learning and performance
Students who have studied this course elsewhere have used it to access higher education courses in food and retail management or hospitality and catering. The broad and varied course content also lends itself to courses in food science and recipe development for large organisations. There are a number of universities offering food based courses across the country.
The food industry is an ever growing sector of our economy with hundreds of new food products being developed every year! Employment in the Food Industry is diverse and includes areas such as:
- New Product Development
- Sensory Testing
- Environmental Health
- Consumer Services and Advice
- Food and Environment Legislation
- Packaging and labelling
- Resourcing ingredients
- A buyer for a large supermarket
REMEMBER WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE TO EAT!
Конечно, согласился. Вы же мой шеф. Вы заместитель директора АНБ. Он не мог отказаться.