M.A. in Literature Student Projects
By jengland | Published October 8, 2014
Master’s in Literature Students, Year Graduated, Project Titles
Updated: October 8, 2014
- Hayley Cotter, 2014 MA Master Essay: “’Behind Her Farre Away’: Dwarfs as Doubles in Spenser’s The Faerie Queene”
- Jennifer Nix, 2014 MA Master Essay: “The Evolution of the Child Vampire in Literature: From the Victorian to the Millennium Monster”
- Cyndi Sabo, 2012 MA Master Essay: “Gender and Madness in Shakespeare’s Hamlet”
- Jesse Munoz, 2012 MA Master Essay: “Shakespeare and Borges”
- Kandida Gendron, 2012 MA Master Essay: “To ‘Snatch a Wreath beyond the Grave’: Mary Robinson’s Poetic Genius, Literary Reputation, and Modern Reception.”
- Cambria Pritchard, 2012 MA Master Essay: “Religion and Science: Gothic Impressions in Thomas Hardy”
- Lisa Lisenbee, 2011 MA Master Essay: “Liberation and Sacrifice: Spike’s Role as the New Man in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.”
- Adriana Caraballo, 2011 MA Master Essay: “A Good Queer Is Hard to Find: The Correction of Queer Desire in Bram Stoker’s Dracula.”
- Kyle Traylor, 2010 MA Master Essay: “Lizzie Laughs: Christina Rossetti’s ‘Goblin Market’”
- Naomi Moreno, 2010 MA Master Essay: “The Sympathetic Social Vampire in Matheson’s I Am Legend and Rice’s Interview with a Vampire”
- Micah Donahue, 2009 MA Master Essay: “Reading Between the Letters: Utopia as Mirror and Desire”
- Angela Clarke, 2009 MA Master Essay: “‘Fixed is Her Eye’: Felicia Hemans’ Female Gaze, Voice, and Identity Through the Medusa/Pythia Archetypes”
- Elizabeth Brasher, 2009 MA Master Essay: “Understanding Emily Dickinson and Female Selfhood in Fascicle Twenty”
- Jason Jones, 2009 MA Master Essay: “’A Home in Motion’: Negotiating American Romantic Traditions in A. R. Ammons’s Sphere”
- Timera Drake, 2008 MA Thesis: “Female Agency and Chastity: Issues of Redemption and Judgment in Renaissance Drama”
- Nicole Read, 2007 MA Thesis: “The Poet Alchemist: Art versus Nature in Ben Jonson’s Satire”
- Rachael Lee MacCallum, 2006 MA Thesis: “Mary Tighe’s Psyche: An Exploration of the Gender Power Dynamics in Speech and Silence”
- Elodie Staley, 2005 MA Thesis: “American Gothic Children”
- Susan Chisum, 2004 MA Thesis: “Charlotte Turner Smith: Marketing Strategy and the ‘Traditional Female’ Voice”
- Lauma Reinfelds, 2003 MA Thesis: “Anne Bradstreet’s Early Elegies: A Double Exposure of the Gender System in the Renaissance Elegiac Conventions & the Puritan Society of New England”
- Caroline Woolf, 2002 MA Thesis: “Subversion of Emily Dickinson’s and Sylvia Plath’s Poetry Through Posthumous Editing”
This entry was posted in MA Requirements and tagged m.a. literature, master's essay, students, thesis. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.
Works Under English And Literary Studies
TRUE AND FAIR view concept
INTRODUCTION The “true and fair view concept is one of two competing but not mutually exclusive legal standards for financial reporting quality that have been subjected to serious debated on their meaning use and importance. The other is presently fare in conformity with vernally accepted accounting principles. While the former is closely identified with judgment and is used in the united kingdom, nigeran and toehr countries, the later is the standard for united state (US) ...
Save Frederick Udebunu Premium 110 PAGES (12809 WORDS) English And Literary Studies Project 1,269 Views
POLITICS AND AESTHETICS IN SELECTED PLAYS OF WOLE SOYINKA
ABSTRACTThis study has been embarked upon to present the politics and aesthetics in selected plays of Wole Soyinka paying much attention to his The Beatification of Area Boy and Kongi’s Harvest. The study has been able to extract and discuss the ways in which Wole Soyinka applied cultural artifacts to political issues to depict the happenings in his immediate society. The sociological approach has been used in respect to the Marxist theory. The study has conclusively pointed to the fact tha...
Save Anderson Ugwu Premium 63 PAGES (9134 WORDS) English And Literary Studies Project 0 Views
MOTHER TONGUE INTERFERENCE IN ENGLISH NEWS CAST: A CASE OF A KWARA TELEVISION NEWS
ABSTRACTLanguage and man are inseparable and since the languages of the world come in contact, there is bound to be a problem like mother tongue interference which is a sociolinguistic phenomenon. This work takes for granted that grammatical competence is totally different from phonological competence and it has worked on this premise using phonological conventions in analysing the sampled data. The findings proved that interference at the phonological level is a major problem confronting our...
Save Anderson Ugwu Premium 59 PAGES (8734 WORDS) English And Literary Studies Project 1,147 Views
MAGIC POETRY: A STUDY OF ARUGBA INVOCATION IN OSUN OSOGBO FESTIVAL
ABSTRACT Oral literature is an unwritten relation that encapsulates African values and aspiration through which their philosophy, customs, beliefs, history etc. are preserved and transmitted from one generation to another by word of mouth. The critical examination of festivals in Nigeria presents highly Aesthetics performances, debunking the Euro Centric assertion that Africans have no literature. The focus of this research work is to attempt/investigate the aesthetic value of Osun festi...
Save Anderson Ugwu Premium 47 PAGES (8825 WORDS) English And Literary Studies Project 925 Views
HISTORY AND IMAGINATION IN OLA ROTIMI’S KURUNMI AND OVONRAMWEN NOGBAISI
ABSTRACT This work focuses on history and imagination as portrayed by Ola Rotimi’s Kurunmi and Ovonramwen Nogbaisi. This study shows how that history and imagination are woven to produce the two plays. Marxist theory is adopted in the study with the elements of Marxist theory that critically explains this work. Historical plays are stories based upon historical events and are based on actual persons and their deeds. Kurunmi and Ovonramwen Nogbaisi are plays in this mode.&nb...
Save Anderson Ugwu Premium 5 PAGES (10374 WORDS) English And Literary Studies Project 1 View
1 - 15 Of 55 Results